Cinematon brings premium video content, including high caliber movies and television programs, to new audiences using innovative technology. Whereas current video on demand services require high-speed Internet access, Cinematon removes that requirement from the equation, opening up entirely new markets for content providers. The Cinematon video library, which is constantly updated, is available via one-way satellite channels. Subscribers only need a dish in order to watch high-quality video from the comfort of their homes, on their own schedule.
- Movie discovery: Browse new movies by genre, view movie descriptions, watch trailers;
- Playback: Fast forward, rewind, skip, pause video. Got to go? Resume playback later from your last playback location;
- TV shows app: Select any season or episode for playback. Already watched and new episodes are highlighted on the interface;
- Family friendly: Enable age restriction and parental controls for rated content;
- Personalize: Change the UI theme or background, delete content, add to favorites.
- Android-based, easy-to-develop custom interactive TV applications to enhance user experience;
- Some apps: Games, weather, sports, stock data, and news;
- Tap into our platform: Push data ﬁles and notiﬁcations to apps from our API/gateway server;
- Automatically push software updates over the air (OTA) from a satellite channel;
- RaptorQ, patented forward error correction (FEC) technology from Qualcomm, guarantees reliable ﬁle delivery over lossy broadcast networks.
- 1 GHz ARM Cortex‐A9 CPU and GPU for 3D graphics;
- HDMI output with Full HD 1080p resolution;
- 1 TB hard drive;
- Video and audio decoder for multimedia codecs like H.264, Dolby Digital, AAC;
- Digital audio output for 5.1 surround sound system;
- DVB-S2 tuner;
- Remote control.
- Content Manager:
- Add and edit movie information and poster images;
- Video asset storage;
- Access control for different roles: editors, QA, etc.;
- Store videos in the Cloud to optimize for STB. Minimize storage and bandwidth usage space while retaining a/v quality;
- Broadcast scheduler: Queue movies and TV shows to broadcast using a Web-based tool;
- Billing: Customer relationship module to manage and bill subscribers.
- Full HDD encryption to prevent access to video assets stored inside the STB;
- Content encryption (AES-128) for broadcast trafﬁc;
- Smartcard technology (NXP) never exposes encryption key to attackers;
- Unique encryption keys for each smart card and a blacklist option for compromised smartcards;
- For technical implementation details, a security whitepaper is available upon request.